I’m here out at Memorial Stadium, where it’s misty, cold but at least not that windy.
Packed pressbox up in here as we have Abilene’s Evan Ren, Munday’s Jay White, Ryan Mills (who works for Childress paper but is covering it for Knox County), MSU SID Trey Reed and Quanah coach Jason Sims.
I think we’re in for a good one!
* Geez, that didn’t take long. Dee Paul returns opening kickoff 86 yards for a touchdown. PAT is blocked, Munday up 6-0 12 seconds into game.
* Windthorst has a couple nice runs by Hoegger; his 37-yarder sets up first down at Munday 18. But Hoegger misses Schreiber on 4th and 3 on the 11. Munday ball.
* Munday gets a 22-yarder by Paul but drive stalls. Neskorik has a nice 41-yard punt.
* Braydon Ingram powers for an 18-yard gain, then Berardi goes for 7 yds on 4th and 2. Windthorst on Munday 21 with about 4 minutes left.
* Right after first down, Munday’s Blanford Paul sacks Hoegger for a 14-yard loss. Drive ends up stalling. Munday gets ball on own 9 — drives to midfield but sack by Stallcup and L. Veitenheimer ends drive.
* We’ve got our first turnover and it’s not Munday. With 7:34 to play in half and Trojans driving, Hoegger makes bad pitch after Munday defends option well. Neskorik recovers and Moguls take over on Munday 47.
* Big holding penalty on Munday after Dee Paul hits Neskorik (the fullback ran a deep pass!) for a 64-yard TD. But it’s wiped out ande Moguls punt. Windthorst sets up on own 28 with 6:18 left in half.
* Windthorst has 4th and 10 on Munday 32 with 3:39 left in half. Third-down attempt was halfback pass by Berardi that was broken up by Taylor and almost picked off by D.J. Castorena. Big play coming up.
* Did I mention only six points in the first half — wild. And Munday gets a big stop when Stallcup can’t come up with a jump ball.
* Neskorik’s leg is helping Munday big-time. Hasa 60-yard punt that changes field position.
* Have either of these teams punted so much this year? Munday holds, forces punt with less than a minute, then goes into halftime after running a couple plays.
* Halftime stats courtesy of Trey Reed: Munday 18-56 rushing, 1-5-0, 15 passing yards; Windthorst 25-122 rushing; 2-6-0, 34 passing.
* Two big plays to start third quarter. Berardi has about a 50-yard return but fumbles and Blanford Paul recovers. But Dee Paul fumbles on the very next play and Berardi recovers. So Trojans ball midfield.
* Windthorst gets first down on fourth and 2 on Munday 23 after getting Moguls to jump.
* Holy Crap! Berardi scores on 18-yard TD catch but Munday’s Garrett Weaver returns kickoff 80 yards for TD.
* Now 21-7 Munday after Dee Paul 17-yard TD run. Wow!
* Hoegger has the Trojans driving but is picked off by D.J. Castorena at the 11-yard line. Moguls have the ball at the start of fourth quarter.
* For those keeping track at home, WIndthorst is losing turnover battle 3-1. After winning it 11-2 last three meetings. Good thing is Trojans get a stop and will start on own 38 with 9:40 left.
* Bad news for the Moguls — Dee Paul limps off the field. Either a cramp or an ankle. Either way, Moguls need him on field.
* WIndthorst gets big break when Munday fumbles on own 13, but Hoegger throws pick.
* Just when you think it’s ballgame, WIndthorst recovers a Dee Paul fumble on his first play back in. Hoegger throws TD pass to Stallcup — 21-14 with 6:20 left.
*WWWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Weaver returns kickoff 94 yards for third Mogul touchdown.
* Trying to do five things at once — sorry for lack of updates. Windthorst scores, but Paul answers with 53-yd TD with 2:46 to go. Munday up 35-21. This one looks over.
* Hoegger scores from 8 yards out; Munday now up 35-28 with 0:57 left. Onside kick coming for Trojans.Share
This entry was posted on and is filed under High School Football, Zach Duncan. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.